Pumpkin Scones with Chives Buttery
A twist on the traditional scone.
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- 12 portions
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup grated butternut pumpkin
- 20 grams Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp buttermilk extra for glazing
- 40 grams Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
|Energy (kcal)||132 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||551 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||23.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||22.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||6.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.8 g|
|Fat (g)||3.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||2.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||263 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.66 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1275 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||2.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||88 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.08 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||77 mg|
- Preheat oven to 250°C. Brush a 20cm round baking tray with melted Flora pro-activ and coat lightly with flour.
- Mix flours, sugar and nutmeg in a bowl with a wire whisk to combine. Using a round-bladed knife, stir in the grated pumpkin and mix well.
- Add in the melted Flora pro-activ, buttermilk and sufficient water to moisten the dry ingredients. Mix with your hands to form a ball.
- Lightly knead mixture on a lightly floured surface and roll into a round shape about 1cm thick. Using a 5cm scone cutter cut out 12 scones, placing them close together on the prepared baking tray. Brush the tops lightly with the extra buttermilk.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Note: When tapped the scones should sound hollow. Turn scones out onto a wire cooling rack.
- To make the Chive Buttery mix Flora pro-activ and chives until combined. Serve scones warm or cold, spread with Chive Buttery.
For best results arrange scones side by side, just touching, on a lined baking tray. This will keep the sides straight and even as the scones cook.