Pistachio, Oat and Almond Biscuits
Enjoy sweet treats while lowering your cholesterol with this dessert recipe.
- Cooking time20 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 15 portions
- 3 tsp Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup flaked almond
- 1/4 cup traditional wholegrain oats
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup extra flaked almond
- 1/3 cup pistachio kernels
- 1 tsp icing sugar sifted for serving
|Energy (kcal)||92 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||386 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||10.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||9.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.6 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.3 g|
|Fat (g)||4.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||4 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.01 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||37 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||22 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.45 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||78 mg|
- Place Flora pro-activ and honey in a microwave safe bowl and melt on 20 per cent (low) power for 30-40 seconds.
- Place the almonds, oats and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until fine. With the mixer running, pour in the egg white and honey mixture and process for 40 seconds or until the mixture forms a smooth paste. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roughly chop the extra almond flakes and pistachios and mix well to combine. Shape the mixture into small balls and slightly flatten. Roll in the combined almonds and pistachios, pressing the nuts firmly into the mixture. Place on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned. Cool on the baking tray before serving, and then sprinkle lightly with icing sugar.
- Serve with a pot of tea.
Wrapped attractively, these biscuits make a delightful gift for a dinner party.