Macadamia and Chocolate Wafers
Enjoy sweet treats while lowering your cholesterol with this dessert recipe.
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 10 portions
- 50 grams Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 50 grams macadamia nuts chopped
- 50 grams dark chocolate (70% cocoa butter) chopped to garnish
|Energy (kcal)||142 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||594 kJ|
|Protein (g)||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||16.3 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||15.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||12.6 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.9 g|
|Fat (g)||8.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||5.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||4.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||7 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.02 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||181 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||9 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.65 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||59 mg|
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Place a large piece of baking paper flat on the kitchen bench to fit a large baking tray – 40x30cm is ideal or use two smaller trays.
- Place Flora pro-activ, flour, egg white, sugar and honey in a mixing bowl and mix with a hand held mixer until smooth. Spread mixture thinly with a large spatula onto the baking paper, spreading the batter right to the edges of the paper. Slide the paper onto the baking tray. Sprinkle with macadamias and chocolate to garnish.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, turn the tray around during cooking. Cool on the baking tray on a cooling rack.
- When cold, break into irregular shapes and store layered between foil in an airtight container.
- Serve as a biscuit with a cup of tea or low fat milk Chai latte.
Served with seasonal fresh fruit and low fat ice cream, it makes a stunning dessert.