Cumin Sweet Potato Wedges with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Great cholesterol lowering side dish recipe to accompany any meal
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- 2 portions
- 1 small sweet potato about 250 g
- 1/2 cup 125 ml salt-reduced chicken stock
- 10 g 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp (intl) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small red chilli sliced optional
|Energy (kcal)||65 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||271 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||10.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||8.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.7 g|
|Fat (g)||2.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||1.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||4 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||206 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.51 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||4771 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||14.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||66 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.61 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||240 mg|
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into 12 wedges.
- Place the stock in a non-stick frying pan, just large enough to fit all of the sweet potato. Place the sweet potato in a single layer in the pan, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until the sweet potato is tender. Drain the sweet potato and wipe the pan dry.
- Heat Flora pro-activ in the pan over a medium-high heat; add the sweet potato and cumin and cook, carefully turning the wedges until golden brown. Cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the dipping sauces, adding the chilli to the sour cream if desired.
- TIP-Try with Tzatziki for a different sauce.