Crisp Lemon Biscuits
An super easy to follow desert recipe with a tingling lemon twist. Make 16 Lemon Biscuits in just under 30 minutes. Enjoy.
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 16 portions
- 85 grams Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 1/4 cup pure icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cornflour sifted
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour sifted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar sifted
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 32 unsalted pistachios
|Energy (kcal)||89 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||374 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||13.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||13.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||5.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.3 g|
|Fat (g)||3.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||50 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.12 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||194 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||16 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.25 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||20 mg|
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place Flora pro-activ and icing sugar in a bowl and beat with a hand held mixer until creamy. Stir in the sifted flours, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Using a small tsp, place mixture into the prepared baking tray. Press each biscuit down lightly with a floured fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden. Cool for a few minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool.
- To make the icing, mix icing sugar and sufficient lemon juice to make a creamy thick icing.
- Ice the biscuits and decorate with pistachios. Allow to set before serving.
Make the biscuits even zestier by adding lemon zest to the icing.