Choc-Hazelnut Cupcakes with Choc-Raspberry Sauce
Enjoy sweet treats while lowering your cholesterol with this dessert recipe.
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 8 portions
- 40 grams Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 2 tsp low-fat milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar sifted with 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder blended with 60 ml / 1/4 cup hot water and cooled
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot
- 1 cup fresh or frozen thawed raspberry for serving
- 40 ml reduced-fat cream to serve
- 1/2 tsp icing sugar to serve
|Energy (kcal)||138 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||579 kJ|
|Protein (g)||3.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||15.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||12.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||10.6 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.5 g|
|Fat (g)||8.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||6.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||54 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||22 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.05 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||270 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||8.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||28 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.15 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||153 mg|
- Preheat oven to 150 C. Brush 8 x 100ml capacity non-stick muffin tins with melted Flora pro-activ.
- Place Flora pro-activ, milk, egg, vanilla, icing sugar, flour, hazelnut meal and blended cocoa powder in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand held mixer 1-2 minutes. Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the sauce, blend the cocoa powder and sugar with 2 tbsp hot water. Place the raspberries, blended cocoa and sugar and ½ cup (125ml) water into a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir, while bringing to the boil, and reduce the heat to low. Blend the arrowroot with a little water, add to the sauce and stir for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Sieve sauce to remove the raspberry seeds. Cool.
- Serve cupcakes with the sauce, cream and extra raspberries. Sprinkle with icing sugar.