Chicken, Fennel, Orange and Olive Pasta
A delicious pasta full of chicken, fennel, orange and olives.
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 250 grams wholemeal penne pasta
- 40 grams Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 500 grams skinless chicken breast fillets trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp (intl) no salt added tomato paste
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 fennel bulb sliced
- 1 orange segmented
- 8 pitted black olives halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
|Energy (kcal)||503 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2103 kJ|
|Protein (g)||38.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||66.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||56.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||10.1 g|
|Fat (g)||11.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||7.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||3.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||80 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||226 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.57 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||3034 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||65.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||127 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.64 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1258 mg|
- Cook penne according to packet directions without adding any salt.
- Heat Flora pro-activ in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Add tomato paste and orange juice; bring to the boil and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in the onions.
- Drain the pasta and mix in the fennel, orange segments and olives and serve with the chicken, sprinkled with coriander leaves.
Chicken thigh fillet is suitable to be used in this recipe.