Chicken, Chives and Corn Fritters
A delicious twist on the favorite fritter
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 300 grams chicken breast fillets trimmed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup no added salt corn kernels
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 20 grams Flora buttery spread melted
- 2 tbsp (intl) reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels no-added-salt
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 small avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp (intl) chopped chives extra
- 1 cup baby rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup plain no-fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp (intl) chopped chives
|Energy (kcal)||371 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1550 kJ|
|Protein (g)||23.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||26.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||21.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||5.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.5 g|
|Fat (g)||20.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||4.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||13.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||8.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||159 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||388 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.97 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1109 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||15.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||114 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.41 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||658 mg|
- Slice chicken breast in half through the centre horizontally. Cook chicken in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until golden and cooked, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove plan from heat and cover to rest.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl and mix in chives, corn, flour,melted Flora pro-activ and milk. Shred chicken and add to mixture. Using half the fritter mixture, spoon four even fritters into the pan and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked. Keep warm. Cook the remaining fritters as with the first four.
- Create a side salad by combining corn kernels, tomatoes, avocado, extra chives and rocket.
- Mix yoghurt and chives to create a delicious dipping sauce.
- Serve fritters hot with the side salad and yoghurt and chive dipping sauce.
Add a fresh lime wedge for some zing.