Chicken, Chickpea and Bean Salad
A fresh salad with chicken, chickpeas and beans.
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 4 chicken breast fillets 500 g each
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 40 g / 2 tsp Flora ProActiv Buttery or Original
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400 g canned four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1 telegraph cucumber, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 small wholemeal pita pockets, warmed
|Energy (kcal)||582 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2433 kJ|
|Protein (g)||44.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||47.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||31.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||3.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||15.9 g|
|Fat (g)||26.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||6.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||16.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||11.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||5.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||103 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||772 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.93 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||3653 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||79.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||123 mg|
|Iron (mg)||6.12 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||981 mg|
- Heat Flora pro-activ in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken and cumin and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown, turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the pan and cover loosely to rest.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook until reduced by half. Return the chicken to the pan with any juices and heat.
- Make the salad by mixing the chickpeas, four bean mix, cucumber, capsicum and parsley in a mixing bowl. Stir in the parsley and avocado.
- Serve chicken and sauce over the salad with torn pita.
The Chickpea and Bean Salad makes a great filling for a pita pocket as a light lunch.