Bread and Buttery Pudding
Enjoy sweet treats while lowering your cholesterol with this dessert recipe.
- Cooking time1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- 4 portions
- 2 slices fruit bread
- 20 grams Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground or freshly grated nutmeg
|Energy (kcal)||257 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1076 kJ|
|Protein (g)||10.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||25.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||24.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||18.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.4 g|
|Fat (g)||9.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||5.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||120 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||190 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.47 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||633 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||246 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.10 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||298 mg|
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Rub half the Flora pro-activ over a 1 litre ovenproof dish to grease well.
- Roll the bread out slightly to flatten and spread with Flora pro-activ. Cut each slice of buttered bread into 8 triangles and arrange buttery side up in the prepared dish.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl and pour over the bread. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Take a large baking dish and fill half of the dish with cold water. Take the dish with pudding and place it into the bath of water.
- Bake for 1-1¼ hours or until a round-bladed knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Plain wholemeal or grain bread may be used with two tbsp sultanas added.