Asparagus and Leek Frittata
Sure to be a vegetarian favourite
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 2 portions
- 20 grams Flora ProActiv buttery spread
- 1 leek washed and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus trimmed and sliced
- 1 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 10 torn basil leaves
- 1 cup mixed salad leaves to serve
|Energy (kcal)||222 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||930 kJ|
|Protein (g)||13.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||10.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||7.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.4 g|
|Fat (g)||14.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||4.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||324 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||132 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.33 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||2586 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||7.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||86 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.66 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||336 mg|
- Heat Flora pro-activ in a 22cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in the asparagus stems and cook for 3 minutes and then stir in the asparagus tips and cook for 2 minutes.
- Lightly beat eggs, set aside.
- Blend the flour with 1 tsp water and enough egg to make a runny paste. Pour the remaining egg into a separate bowl and add in the flour paste. Add the basil to the mixture, stir and pour into the pan, stirring gently to cover the leek and asparagus. When the mixture is almost set, reduce the heat and cover pan with a lid or foil and cook for 2-3 minutes until set.
- To serve, cut into triangles with the salad leaves tossed in Balsamic dressing.
You can use any of your favourite vegetables in this frittata.