Winter vegetable lasagne
Few meals are as comforting on a cold winter’s evening than a lasagne. This recipe packs in the veggies, helping you towards your 5 a day.
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time35 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion peeled cut into wedges
- 2 parsnips peeled
- 1 sweet potato peeled
- 1 courgette
- 2 carrots peeled
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 400 grams canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano or thyme
- 25 grams Flora buttery spread
- 25 grams plain flour
- 350 ml skimmed milk
- 6 lasagne sheets
- 55 grams cheddar cheese block grated
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 30 grams Flora ProActiv Light
- 4 slices toasted granary bread
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
|Energy (kcal)||740 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||3106 kJ|
|Protein (g)||23.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||95.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||100.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||27.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||17.6 g|
|Fat (g)||22.9 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||6.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||10.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||7.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||3.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||16 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||359 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.13 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||9688 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||37.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||395 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.42 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1173 mg|
- Cut the parsnips, sweet potato, carrot and courgette into chunks and place in a roasting tin. Add the onions and pepper, drizzle with oil and roast in a preheated oven at 190ºC/170ºC Fan/Gas mark 5 for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked.
- When cooked, mix with the tomatoes, tomato purée, chilli powder and herbs.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by placing the Flora Buttery and ﬂour into a saucepan. Add the skimmed milk gradually, constantly stirring over a moderate heat. Bring to the boil.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and thickened. Add half the cheese and the mustard.
- Assemble the lasagne by placing half the vegetables in an ovenproof dish, cover with three sheets of lasagne and top with half the sauce. Repeat layers ending with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to oven for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Toast the bread and mix the garlic, Flora ProActiv Light and chopped parsley. Spread the mix onto the toasted granary bread.