Tuna steaks with jewelled rice
This exotic dish really packs a punch and is sure to liven up mealtimes. A simple recipe bursting with flavour.
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 40 grams Flora ProActiv Buttery
- 4 tuna steaks
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 115 grams frozen peas
- 1 handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 600 millilitre boiling water
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 225 gram long-grain white rice
- 1 lime zested
- 40 gram toasted flaked almonds
- 1 orange zested
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 handful fresh coriander chopped
|Energy (kcal)||607 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2549 kJ|
|Protein (g)||39.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||74.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||58.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||10.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.7 g|
|Fat (g)||23.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||13.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||11.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||34 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||12698 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.89 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||2063 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||125.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||112 mg|
|Iron (mg)||5.90 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||929 mg|
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan and sauté the onion, and peppers, for 4 to 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the orange zest, honey and turmeric. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir in well before adding the stock, then add the peas. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile blend Flora ProActiv Buttery spread with the lime zest and 1 teaspoon of coriander and parsley.
- In a frying pan heat the remaining olive oil and fry the steaks for 2 minutes each side.
- Serve with the blend of herbs mixed with Flora ProActiv Buttery. Garnish the rice with herbs and almonds.