A Mediterranean staple, aubergines are as versatile as they are tasty. This stuffed aubergine recipe is a wonderful plant-based meal infused with exotic flavours.
- Cooking time40 minutes
- Prep time25 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 30 grams Flora ProActiv Buttery
- 2 aubergines
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 400 grams canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- ground black pepper
- 40 grams ready-toasted pine nuts
- 100 grams cooked brown rice
|Energy (kcal)||264 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1096 kJ|
|Protein (g)||5.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||31.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||18.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||10.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||7.2 g|
|Fat (g)||16.7 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.4 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||140 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.10 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1063 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||47.7 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||69 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.69 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||968 mg|
- Halve the aubergines lengthways and scoop out most of the flesh leaving a 1cm (½ inch) shell. Arrange on an oiled baking sheet with the pepper and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Roast in preheated oven to 180°C/170ºC Fan/Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil and sauté onion and garlic until soft, then add the tomatoes. Season with pepper and simmer until reduced by half.
- Chop aubergine flesh and add to sauce with coriander and pine nuts and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix with the cooked rice and roasted peppers and Flora ProActiv.
- Stuff into aubergine shells with tomato mix and serve.