Rice pudding with raisins and orange
Everyone loves this traditional Dutch rice pudding recipe. It is so simple and only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings2 portions
- 20 grams Flora ProActiv Light
- 50 grams dessert rice
- 500 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 orange
- 25 grams raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
|Energy (kcal)||307 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1292 kJ|
|Protein (g)||10.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||32.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||46.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||25.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.3 g|
|Fat (g)||8.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||1.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||20 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||120 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.64 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||640 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||46.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||362 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.89 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||575 mg|
- In a pan, bring the dessert rice with the milk and a small pinch of salt to the boil. Cook the rice gently for about 12 minutes until a thick rice pudding forms.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the orange into another pan and bring the orange juice and half of the cinnamon to the boil. Add the raisins and let them simmer for a moment.
- Spoon the raisins and Flora ProActiv through the rice pudding (make sure that the pan with the rice pudding is no longer on the heat).
- Divide the rice pudding between two dishes. Finish with a touch of cinnamon.
- Do you like it extra festive? Then divide some unpeeled orange wedges over the rice pudding cups.