Posh Fish & Chips
This posh fish and chips recipe is a new take on the ageless classic. Simple and delicious.
- Cooking time40 minutes
- Prep time25 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 30 grams Flora ProActiv Buttery
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 85 grams stale sliced bread
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 4 fish fillets e.g. cod or plaice approx. 175 grams each
- 450 grams sweet potatoes peeled cut into wedges
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 225 grams frozen peas
- 1 tbsp capers chopped
- 1 tbsp mint chopped
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
|Energy (kcal)||481 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2020 kJ|
|Protein (g)||40.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||38.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||43.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||11.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||7.6 g|
|Fat (g)||14.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||14.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||8.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||155 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||391 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.09 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||13206 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||21.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||175 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.39 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1084 mg|
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan/Gas mark 6.
- Toss the chips in half the oil and spread evenly over a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the fish by placing the bread, half the parsley and lemon zest in a food processor and blitz until like rough breadcrumbs.
- Stir through a tablespoon of oil.
- Place flour, egg, and crumbs on separate plates and dunk each fillet in flour, then egg, finishing with the crumbs. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for the last 12 minutes of chips’ cooking time.
- While the fish is cooking, cook the peas in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and mash with the Flora ProActiv spread, capers (if used), mint and remaining parsley and lemon zest.
- Add the yogurt to achieve a soft consistency and serve with the fish and chips.