Delicious Homemade Granola
Do you want to spoil yourself with something tasty on a lazy Sunday morning? Then a quick and easy brunch recipe like this fruity, crunchy homemade granola is just the thing for you! The nice thing about this recipe is that you can vary it endlessly. For example, replace the pumpkin seeds, pecans and apricots with your favourite combination of nuts and fruit. Whatever you put in, the result will always taste fantastic!
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- Flora ProActiv Skimmed Milk, to serve
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 120 millilitre honey
- 300 gram oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 60 grams pecans Unsalted roughly chopped
- 25 gram pumpkin seeds
- 50 gram dried apricots finely chopped
|Energy (kcal)||449 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1885 kJ|
|Protein (g)||16.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||43.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||52.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||27.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.8 g|
|Fat (g)||18.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||4.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||3 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.29 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||230 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||32 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.21 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||273 mg|
- First things first: preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the honey, the oil and the cinnamon together. We’ve chosen cinnamon here, but allspice is also an excellent option if you want to add a touch of warmth.
- Add all dry ingredients little by little, except the fruit. Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and spread evenly with a wooden spoon.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so that everything is evenly baked and no lumps form. Remove the baking tray from the oven when the granola is golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Finally, sprinkle the dried apricots into the mix and admire your homemade granola. Serve with 250ml Flora ProActiv Skimmed Milk per portion.