A family favourite, our chicken curry is a filling dinner bursting with flavours of the east.
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 30 grams Flora ProActiv Buttery
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2.5 cm fresh root ginger peeled grated
- 1 handful fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 chicken stock cube dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- 4 chicken breast fillet cut into chunks
- 400 grams tinned chickpeas drained
- 100 grams spinach
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 100 ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 225 grated basmati rice
- 1 tsp coriander seeds toasted
|Energy (kcal)||587 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2478 kJ|
|Protein (g)||48.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||28.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||67.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.0 g|
|Fat (g)||12.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||12.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||7.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||102 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||842 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.27 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||2228 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||9.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||137 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.81 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||733 mg|
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over a moderate heat and fry the onion until soft. Then add the garlic, ginger, turmeric and curry powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the stock, stirring constantly. Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Add the chickpeas to the curry along with the spinach leaves and heat until the spinach leaves have just wilted. Then stir in the mango chutney and natural yogurt. Heat through gently, but be careful not to boil.
- Drain the rice and stir in the Flora ProActiv spread, coriander seeds and the coriander leaves. Serve with the curry.