Bread with Figs and Orange
This unusual open sandwich is a riot of flavours and makes a fantastic breakfast or light lunch. It has the added benefit of being low in saturated fat.
- Cooking time
- Prep time5 minutes
- Servings2 portions
- 20 grams Flora ProActiv Light
- 6 dried figs
- 1 orange
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 handful baby-leaf lamb's lettuce
|Energy (kcal)||270 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1137 kJ|
|Protein (g)||5.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||38.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||45.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||34.3 g|
|Fibre (g)||8.9 g|
|Fat (g)||5.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||155 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.50 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||574 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||46.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||94 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.63 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||366 mg|
- Cut the dried figs into pieces (remove the hard stems if necessary).
- Grate a little of the orange peel.
- Peel the orange and cut it into slices.
- Spread the bread with the Flora ProActiv.
- Top with lamb’s lettuce, slices of orange and the figs. Then sprinkle the orange zest over the top.