Baked apple with ginger and orange
A tasty dessert of baked apple and ginger, this after dinner treat is easy to prepare and delightful to eat.
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings2 portions
- 25 grams Flora ProActiv Buttery
- 2 cooking apples
- 30 grams fresh root ginger finely chopped
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 orange zested
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp runny honey
|Energy (kcal)||236 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||990 kJ|
|Protein (g)||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||41.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||35.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||33.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.4 g|
|Fat (g)||9.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||6 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.14 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||251 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||54.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||59 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.88 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||367 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan oven, gas mark 6.
- Score carefully with a sharp knife around the middle of the apples, and using an apple corer remove the core and pips. Place on a baking tray.
- Combine the dates and fresh ginger together and fill the centre of the apples with the mixture. Add the water to the dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile blend Flora ProActiv spread, orange zest, ground ginger and honey.
- When the apples are ready, serve with the flavoured Flora ProActiv spread and allow to melt over the apples.