Baked Apple with Ginger and Orange
A healthy dessert of baked apple and ginger, this after dinner treat is easy to prepare and delicious to eat. You don’t have to let healthy eating get in the way of your sweet tooth.
- Kokkausaika25 minutes
- Valmistelu aika10 minutes
- 2 cooking apples
- 30g fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 55g dates, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp water
- 25g Flora Pro.Activ Buttery Spread
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp runny honey
|Enegery (kcal)||320 kcal|
|Enegery (kJ)||1340 kj|
|Protein (g)||2.1 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||66.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||57.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||46.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||8.9 g|
|Fat (g)||8.1 g|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat (g)||5.9 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat (g)||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||7 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.02 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||735 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||54.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||78 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.13 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||551 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan oven, gas mark 6.
- Score carefully with a sharp knife around the middle of the apples, and using an apple corer remove the core and pips. Place on a baking tray.
- Combine the dates and stem ginger together and fill the centre of the apples with the mixture. Add the water to the dish. Bake for 30–35 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile blend Flora ProActiv spread, orange zest, ground ginger and honey.
- When the apples are ready, serve with the flavoured Flora ProActiv spread and allow to melt over the apples.